Friday, June 1, 2012

don't worry, she doesn't know what she's doing either




day 153

Every day I think about deleting my flickr account. I always hate to come across as self-righteous or prideful or whatever, but we humans thrive on positive feedback. It's true. Currently I'm feeling pretty discouraged because hardly anyone comments on my flickr any more. Yeah, I know the comments aren't really important in the whole big grand scheme of things. Heck, I could care less. But the fact of the matter is, I do kind of care. Photography is meant to be shared and websites like flickr are great because not only is it a way to share what you love to do with other people who love the same thing, but you can grow and improve from what others say and from what you see. It's a beautiful community. But, I don't know, I'm just not getting that. I don't feel like a part of the community any longer.

I'm not sure what else to say. You know how you can go through entire conversations in your head but when it comes time to say them you forget everything? Yeah, that's me right now ...

I'll never ever stop taking photos, but maybe my time on flickr is coming to a close. It kills me to even think of that though. (I'm probably too much of a chicken to actually delete it anyways. Ya know, nostalgia and such.)

Okay, well now I think I'm beginning to ramble. Other than feeling sorry for myself, today has been good. I got to babysit my kids again and it was so much fun. At one point when the little girl was sitting in my lap, she looked up at me and said, "I love you, Miss Lauren." AAAAWWWWW!! My heart melted. Little children are the most adorable things ever. (And it kind of made me want to have kids ... hah! Good golly I'm getting ahead of myself.)

Also, here is a kind of sort of before edit. It was down to this one and the other image, but the other one won out in the end:





No comments:

Post a Comment