Wednesday, October 24, 2012

pumpkin patched



day 295






On Sunday my friends and I went to a pumpkin patch! I've been to a pumpkin patch once or twice before, but this one was insane! They had huge pumpkin cannons and a giant corn maze that we got lost in for at least half an hour and pumpkins as far as the eye can see.







I don't know if every person experiences this, but I feel like I'm sort of getting a chance to redo my childhood, only this time I'm actually willing to appreciate it. I can remember times when I didn't want to do something fun like go to a pumpkin patch, and even when my parents made me go I had the most miserable time, simply because of the fact that I am stubborn and if I am in a bad mood then I want to be in a bad mood, if that makes sense.






But now that I am in college, and it may be because I have friends to do it with, or because experiencing it on my own is something I've never done before, I really love doing things like this. Maybe it's because I'm just *ahem* growing up, but that seems like an oxymoron to me because I feel like I'm looking at the world with brand new baby eyes.







I certainly hope growing up means getting baby eyes, because I really don't want to lose this outlook on life. I guess the way to do that is the way to do anything: hold on to it. Remind me to always make a conscious effort to try to look at the world with new eyes every day, like every day is my last day to see.







Also, I love my beautiful friends. From left to right: Tabatha, me, Ivy, Rebekah, Annette

I love how college brings people from all over the country together. If it weren't for college, I would have never known of the existence of these beautiful, talented girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment