Sunday, October 14, 2012

my week in instagram #20



I missed last week's week in instagram installation, so here's what happened in the past two weeks ...

1. I always draw picture ideas in class. I've heard it said that you can't wait for inspiration to come to you, you have to work for it. So I'm trying to be deliberate with my ideas and actually think about coming up with things instead of waiting around for a bolt of lightning to hit me.

2. My fall fashion article made it into the college newspaper! I work as a copy editor, but I also have to contribute at least one article to the paper, and this was my first one! I suppose this is a good a time as ever to say that my college street style article didn't make it into the next week's newspaper because of space issues, but hopefully it will show up there eventually!

3. Making things in ceramics! This class has given me a new love. Even though I'm still not very good, Matt already promised to get me a throwing wheel in our art studio home when we get married. A girl can dream, right? But seriously, I love being able to make things that I can actually use. I'm putting something into existence that has never been there previously. That is a pretty exciting thing.

4. Finally re-dyed my hair blue! It was starting to fade in everybody's hair, so we spent another weekend night in the bathroom dying our hair again. Other random people throughout the campus have started copying us, which is cool and lame at the same time since it was a way for our floor to bond. But they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so I guess it's okay. Regardless, we've ordered a purple shade that fades to pink, so after the blue fades again we are all dying our strips purple!

5. Our fish, Mr. Roy G. Biv, wearing a top hat and monocle. That's all there is to say about that.

6. The other day was the first hard rain in Oregon! It's been cloudy and overcast ever since and I am so excited about that. I kind of had an epiphany too. We always complain about the weather, right? I'm the worst at that. But there's no way we can change the weather, so we might as well enjoy the day for what it is. That seems so obvious, but I guess I tend to forget that.

7. Friday was our "fall break" so some of my friends and I explored an abandoned train station. We had to ask around quite a bit before we found anyone who knew of abandoned buildings nearby, but then we found someone and he kindly gave us directions. The land around the building is still used to store construction equipment, but the building itself is unused. This has been my second abandoned building. The first one was when I got my senior pictures taken. Also, look at how little I was! Never ever going back to short hair, I can tell you that much.

8. I looked super warm yesterday with my three layers of clothing and my hot chocolate. You know you're a poor college student when you bring hot chocolate from home to the coffee shop.

9. This was taken while we were driving to a movie yesterday. I just love the tunnels of trees and really all the scenery in Oregon. I just love Oregon so much. I've told a lot of people this, but I can see myself living here for the rest of my life (sorry Mom and Dad!). This place is truly perfect.

Well I hope you all had a fantastic week! I think it would be really fun if, on top of my week in instagram posts, we did a fun post about what you guys did! That way Introvert's Introduction can be even more of a community. So let me know what you did this past week! And if you have a blog post about it, feel free to post a link in the comments so I can link to your blog! Also by doing this you give me permission to post a picture from your blog onto here, so that other people know who you are. And don't worry, the photo will link back to your blog. :) Ooh this is going to be exciting! So what did you do? I want to know!



No comments:

Post a Comment