Sunday, October 14, 2012

beyond the folded woods



day 287

For this photo I used a method called freelensing, which I actually do a lot for photos but never have talked about it. It's basically where you take the lens off the camera and shoot with it slightly tilted away at one side. It adds a really nice effect to photos.

Not free-lensed:


Free-lensed:


It's super fun to do, but it does take a bit of getting used to. I've really been thinking a lot about my personal photographic style and I really love the soft feel that freelensing gives. But at the same time, I don't want to be tied down to doing one certain style because so many different types of photography are amazing.

Today was pretty fast paced considering it was our lazy day. My friends and I went to coffee after brunch to do homework, and then we ran back home for about half an hour to wait for Tabatha to come home. While we waited Ivy and I took a walk and she modeled for me. There's a giant wood chip pile chilling beside one of the roads around campus, so of course I had to utilize it for my own selfish photographic purposes. Then when Tabatha came home we all headed out to watch Hotel Transylvania (a seriously precious movie) and then to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. And now we are finishing up watching old episodes of Say Yes to the Dress. I seriously love weekends with my friends.










No comments:

Post a Comment