Thursday, August 15, 2013

come out to sea



shoes: payless // everything else: forever 21 // photos taken by Matt




Ho hum. I hate wearing clothes that come from the same store (for no good reason either), but it couldn't be helped. I allotted some spending money for some back-to-school outfits, so the shirt, belt, and hat were part of that purchase. I got them all for $14 though, so I'm happy! I wanted to recreate this outfit that I pinned onto my outfit inspiration board, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! This shirt is now the closest thing I have to a striped shirt, so I'm already thinking up a ton of ways to style it. The hat I bought because I wanted one that I didn't have to bobby pin to my head so as not to fall off, like I had to do for my other hat. Random fact, I used to think that I looked awful in hats, and I was always so sad because I thought hats were the cutest thing. But then around my sophomore year of high school I thought, "Who cares if it doesn't look good? I want to wear hats!" And so I did. And now I love wearing hats.





Speaking of high school, you're looking at my au naturel hair. When I was a little kid, I used to have this super long, blond hair that curled into ringlets. Over the years it's darkened (obviously), but in an effort to reinvent myself for junior high (oh how I do not miss those years) I chopped off a lot of my hair and my ringlets have never grown back. From then on I straightened my hair because it was always short and did crazy things and that was the only way I knew to tame it, and more recently I braided my hair to get my natural waves managed. Well, my hair is finally starting to get long enough that it doesn't do (too many) weird things when it dries naturally. Now my already easy hair routine will become even easier, with me having to do literally nothing to my hair.




Wait, it's already Thursday? Where has the week gone? Hope you have a great rest of the week!






No comments:

Post a Comment