Monday, August 19, 2013

midnight sun



dress: amazon // shirt: mom's closet // denim shirt: ebay // tights/socks: forever 21 // shoes: target





These might be my favorite outfit photos to date. There's just something about the light and the dress contrasting the dark background and the framing of the tree that I really love. Summer is just about over here in Alaska though, it's been rainy for the past few days and it's starting to be a bit chilly outside. I think the thing I don't like about change is the moment right before it, when suddenly you're unsure of whether you really want it to happen or not. Fall is forever my favorite season because I love layering and being cozy under warm coats and mittens, and up until, well, today, I was excited for fall. But now, I'm thinking, "Can't this warm weather just last a liiiittle bit longer?" Of course once fall actually comes around, I'll be excited for it, but it's that moment before that's the hardest. Regardless though, it's still summer in Oregon, so I'll be able to experience some warmth for at least another month whenever I move back!





Well, it's the start of my last full week in Alaska. Tomorrow is my last day of my internship, and then I have a week of "summer vacation". It's funny though, in the past three weeks, I've gotten three client projects, so I'll actually be busy with my own photography businessy stuff. I'm certainly not complaining about the time crunch though! I absolutely love taking pictures for people and I'm excited to be busy with client work.




Also, I've always wanted to wear two bows in my hair like this, but never did it because I was afraid people would think it looked ridiculous. But then I remembered, "I don't care what other people think!" and put them in my hair and loved every moment of it.
Wear what you want, people! Be confident!



Hope you have a great week!

p.s. Modcloth is having their huge end of summer sale right now. Be sure to check it out!







No comments:

Post a Comment