Wednesday, August 21, 2013

sweet and low



dress/shirt: mom's closet // cardigan: target // belt/shoes: forever 21 // tights: walmart (?)





Today while casually walking around my kitchen, my little sister, who is about to turn twelve, turned and looked at me straight in the eye. Then my mom exclaimed, "She's as tall as you are, Lauren!" And to my utter horror, my mother was right. My little sister who just started the fifth (?) grade is almost as tall as me. My two little brothers have already surpassed me in size, but now the youngest sibling is ganging up on me too! They all started school again this Monday, so the only thing I got going for me is my freedom from homework and waking up early. Whenever they complain about teachers giving busywork or assignments being due the second day of class, I shout up to them, "Suckaaaaaa!" in a really high pitched voice. That's to show my dominance despite being shadowed by their mere presence. But I love my brothers and sister, so I guess it's not that big of a deal.





Thankfully for me, I still have twelve days before school starts. Or maybe it's more unfortunately since I'm pretty excited for this next semester! I'm already scheming up different adventures and projects--school related and unrelated--to partake in, and seeing all of my friends and fellow students again. Sorry I'm talking about it so much, I'm just excited to go back! However, I will miss my (apparently) tall family and my kitty cat. It's hard to believe that I was starting my freshman year just a year ago--it feels like that was ages into the past. College really does change a person, I guess. I'm certainly not the same person I was a year ago, and that is a very good thing. But before I get all nostalgic and reminiscent on you, I should bid you adieu. Because it's late and I need to sleep (posting to you from 1 am, haha).




Have a marvelous day!




No comments:

Post a Comment