Wednesday, September 12, 2012

separation anxiety



day 255

(view here.)




I find myself being thankful that my family moved around a lot, and also that I didn't have many friends, because it has made the transition to college so easy. I absolutely adore having friends that care for me and that I care for in return; I love getting to be responsible and doing my own laundry and going to work and decorating my room; I love being able to do crazy things like dye my hair different colors and walk around town and stay up till midnight watching episodes of Community on a laptop that's perched on a chair in the middle of our dorm room surrounded by friends. I love having an insane little fish friend at my desk and a plant of forget-me-nots growing in the windowsill. I even love going to class where the professors are excited about what they're teaching, which in turn makes me excited, even if I don't really care for psychology or math (and I might mention that I also love not getting busy work).

I'm obligated to say I miss my family (haha sorry Mom and Dad!), but it's not like I or they have disappeared off the face of the earth. I'm not sad that I'm away from them, but I am excited when I get to see them again. The same goes for Matt, only (and again, sorry Mom and Dad) I do miss him a lot. I just try not to think about not being able to see him every day, but think about how many days left until I do get to see him (and for the record, it's 72!). We text and video chat when we can, and that makes things easier. But I do miss seeing him face to face, going on dates, holding his hand. It's not a sad sort of missing though (I did enough crying the first two weeks of school), but happy. I don't know, it's kind of hard to describe. It's like I hate not being with him physically, but I know that it's just a little while until I will be again. I'm beginning to ramble anyways.

I am so excited about both of us though. I'm happy to report that we both have friends and are both loving college, and I don't think I would have it any other way. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder, and my love for him only grows every day. I am so unbelievably proud of him and I am so proud to be his girlfriend.



No comments:

Post a Comment