Friday, March 9, 2012

northern downpour




day 69









The Northern Lights have been crazy these past couple of days. I haven't seen them in so long ... I crawled into bed with my parents and it reminded me of when I was a little girl watching the lights. I remember one time distinctly, I was in forth grade, and my mom and I stood in our driveway in the cold and watched colors of green and red and purple dance across the sky. That night was the most magnificent I've ever seen them. Last night was really good (I took these photos after midnight so it totally counts as my 365 for today) but today was supposed to be the big show. Alaska is being rude and is letting clouds cover the entire sky! D: The forecast says it will be clear by 2 AM ... guess I'm getting up early.

The Northern Lights are just amazing. I hope everyone gets a chance to see them at least one time in person.




3 comments:

  1. Oh my God, this is soooo beautiful, almost unreal! I really wish I will be able to see the Northern Lights some day, it's been a dream of mine for a long time...

    Hugs,
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah you didn't miss them! i must have misread. SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't miss the second night (when these were taken), but I did miss the third night when they were supposed to be the best of all three because it was cloudy. So I did get some pictures! :)

      Delete