Thursday, December 6, 2012

it's too cold outside for angels to fly

it's too cold outside for angels to fly

day 340

First of all, I have never smoked and never will. It's pretty unhealthy and I don't encourage people to do it (not judging anyone who does). Technology creates these great things called props and photoshop so that people like me can get cool smoking pictures (because I do love the feel of those types of photographs) without any actual smoking.

Aaaanyways, for this photo I wanted to create a character bustling through a busy street on a cold winter's day, and I also wanted to give an air of mystery around her. Hence the smoke and downward gaze and blurryness (even though that one actually wasn't intentional ... ssh!). My friend snagged me a fake cigarette from the theater department because there have been a lot of ten minute student plays (which have been unbelievably awesome!) and they had some extra props. And we all know how I love crazy, weird props.

In just a few minutes I'm heading out to an art exhibition to see some senior projects, and then later tonight there are more student directed plays. It's just been a really artsy-fartsy day and those are my favorite kind of days.

before and after here!


No comments:

Post a Comment