Tuesday, December 18, 2012

baby, it's cold outside



sweater/skirt: thrifted // tights: walmart // collared shirt: Matt // boots/belt: target



Oh. My. Gosh. All I can say is I had forgotten how horrible it is to take outfit photos in Alaska in the dead of winter. I think I stood outside for a total of about two minutes before my fingers hurt so bad from all the blood rushing out of them to protect my vital organs. I will definitely have to get better at posing with my life literally on the line every time I step foot outside. Okay, I may be exaggerating a little bit, but it is really cold and I'm still getting used to photographing in the strange all-day sunrise/set thing this place has going on.




I'm not going to let the cold or anything else stop me though. I had been pretty nervous about coming back to Alaska because this place holds some not so great memories and not so great feelings, but I've decided to make this month super awesome. I'm going to be happy and have fun and hang out with friends as much as possible and be with my family as much as possible and smile a lot. That's my plan and I'm sticking with it.

I've already gotten to go back to my high school and say hi to all the awesome people that attend there. Initially, I didn't want to go whatsoever because, like I said before, it held some not so great memories, but I knew the people that were in those memories wouldn't be there so I forced myself out of bed and I'm so glad I did. It was so wonderful seeing my favorite people and getting lots of hugs. :3 It was almost like I was in a dream because high school seems like something that happened a lifetime ago, and it was weird having all those lovely faces in the present again. And hopefully I get to see them more in the future!




(Haha look at my cute cold red nose!)

I hope you guys have a really happy and wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment