Tuesday, March 26, 2013

a week of remixing // on a frozen lake




dress/leggings: forever 21 // cardigan/belt: thrifted // boots: target




I just got back from a pretty exciting adventure today! I'm doing an art project for a class, where we have to create some art based on an artist in the past, and I of course chose Ansel Adams, so today my parents and I drove around so I could take some black and white film photos (and of course some digital stuff as well).





We drove all the way to Portage Glacier, where I actually wanted to take some photos of Byron Glacier, but sadly the trail was blocked off by a seven foot tall pile of snow, so we opted not to make that trek. Instead we hiked out on to the Portage Lake to take some pictures, and then stopped at various places along the road to shoot as well.





As for my outfit, no, I didn't wear it on the photo adventure, though I did wear it earlier today to buy my new tripod! Now I am back to having no money. Why is it that everything breaks whenever I'm trying to save money? I think that's one of the unwritten laws of the universe that humans are forced to spend more money on things they need to have fixed the moment they are trying not to spend money. Oh well, at least I have a new tripod that should hold up longer than my old one.




I can't wait to be able to develop the film photos I shot today and show you guys! We had really perfect weather and the shadows made by the sun looked really awesome on the mountains, so I should get a couple of really good photos. Tomorrow I'm hopefully going on another photo adventure, so I'll be busy editing things again, which I love.




Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment