Friday, July 12, 2013

film friday: apricot



Back when I very first started dating Matt, I went through a phase when I would watch hours of short films on vimeo.com. This was one of the first films I watched, and it's still probably my absolute favorite. Sadly it was deleted from vimeo (and I nearly had a heart attack because I thought I would never get to watch it again), but thankfully it was still on youtube. I've watched it so many times I can't keep count, and every time it makes me tear up. You may need to watch it through a couple times to figure out all the meanings (or you may be smarter than me and get it the first time). It's such a beautiful film. Ugh, I can't get over how wonderful it is. The storyline, the camera shots, the shallow depth of field, the visual pieces the viewer has to put together to grasp the storyline ... it's perfect.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment