Tuesday, May 21, 2013

pray for moore



shirt/shorts/tights: forever 21 // boots: target





I don't know. I don't really feel right posting this now, but I have to write something and have people be aware of what's going on. (Please just ignore my smiling face in these pictures because they are not an accurate representation of how I'm feeling right now.) In light of my hometown in Oklahoma being destroyed, something like blogging about my outfits seems worthless. My heart absolutely breaks for my friends and everyone affected. I can't even believe it. I can't believe all the footage. I can't believe the pictures that my friends are posting, pictures with playground swings destroyed ... swings just blocks from my house that I used to swing on ... the theater that I watched so many movies in ... homes that I drove by, stores that I shopped at, parks I used to play at ... I can't even believe it. We still don't know if our old house is okay or if the renters are alive. I'm in a state of shock and I don't even know how I'm supposed to continue on with daily life.

I was there for the May 3 tornado of 1999 and it (and all tornadoes I've been through) are really the scariest things ever. I used to have awful nightmares about tornadoes. Part of me loves the beauty of them and the exhilaration when chasing after them, pretending to be storm chasers. But the devastation, all the loss ... gosh, I don't even know what to say.

I wish more than anything that I could be there and help.








No comments:

Post a Comment