Saturday, January 12, 2013

her unknown surroundings



"She had been traveling for days, a slow paced snail’s race, for the memories of a forgetting town rattled in her brain too much if she ran. Her legs clutched to the cold damp ground every time she tried to lift them and her eyes no longer cared to search for any little speck of light. But when a glimmer of dust caught her gaze, she lifted her eyes and her unknown surroundings were suddenly a vast array of opportunities to become known."

First upload of the new year! It's been really nice not having to take a photo every day, but I have missed shooting and editing and sharing things with you guys. One of my resolutions is to do at least two photoshoots a month, as well as incorporate writing into my photos, so you guys will have to keep me accountable.

This photo was the first I shot during my mini meetup with the incredibly talented Grace Adams and Sarah Joann a couple days ago. It was such an honor to finally be able to meet and hang out with them in person! (In a few days I'll have a blog post up with some fun photos from this day). It is a surreal feeling to meet someone you've been admiring online for a long time. When I woke up the next day I wondered if it actually happened. They are both so beautiful and nice and awesome and I hope we can hang out again in the future!

I hope this first meetup is a sign of how the rest of my year will go.



No comments:

Post a Comment