Friday, September 13, 2013

film friday: a pep talk from kid president to you



Though I'm sure some of you have seen this video (since it currently has over 28 million views), it's always good to bring to the table again. I love this video not only because the kid is super cute and it's an excellent film, but because of the message behind it. We're all on the same team, so we should strive to make the world a better place. Every person is struggling and hurting, and you never know someone's full story. But it's worth it to get to know your teammates and build them up and support each other.

If everyone would focus on being kind and loving towards one another, just think of how much easier life would be. Sure, bad things still occur, but it's comforting to know that wherever you turn, people are there to lend a hand. I'm slowly coming to realize that life isn't all about me--in fact, very little of life is about me. Do you ever get that weird feeling that, even though you can't actually see it, other people are seeing things from their own perspective (like literally, I'm looking out of my eyes, and sometimes I try to imagine other people looking out of their own eyes)? Every human being on the planet has that first person point of view and is constantly filled with their own thoughts, and it's just sort of an existential crisis for me because other people can see from a similar perspective as me, and yet no one will ever see from the exact same perspective. And no one will ever know my thoughts or my life, and I won't ever know anyone else's. But we are all human beings and we share that commonality, and by joining together and getting pieces of each other I can help someone get their story out and maybe take away part of the burden of life, and they can do the same for me.

It's a whole giving and receiving type of thing. The more you give, the more you will receive, and the fuller your life will become. It will be full of the joy that comes from helping and being kind to people. Life is not about me in the least, but it's about how I can help others and build people up and be kind to everyone, even those who may be hurtful towards me. They're the ones that need the most love. I'm trying to become more loving towards the ones that need it the most.

So I hope you have a very wonderful weekend, and don't forget to dance and help someone join in on the dance party.

You all are the best. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment