Saturday, February 2, 2013

the first days of spring



jean dress/shoes: forever 21 // button-down shirt: thrifted // pin: antique shop




Things are starting to get warmer here in Oregon! I can almost go outside without a coat and scarf, but part of me is still holding on to the feeling of winter and layering up and being warm and cozy in a bunch of clothes. Also this weekend has been the scholarship competition for preview students, so my roommate Annette and I have been housing two really awesome girls that had better come to hang out with us at college next year! It's hard to believe that less than a year ago I was doing the exact same thing, staying in a freshman's dorm, walking around my college for the first time, and being completely overwhelmed. I'll never cease to be amazed by the concept of time and how overtime people change and morph into different versions of themselves. I remember I was so sad to leave my college after that weekend and I couldn't wait to go back, and now I get to live here every day and every day is a new adventure and there are opportunities for me everywhere. I just really am in love with this place and all the people here.




Speaking of school, on Thursday I got to develop my very first roll of black and white film! It was so exciting and scary to be working with film in pitch black and then messing with chemicals. Next week I'll make prints of the photos and see if I actually did a decent job of getting the right exposure and such, but for now I'm just happy I didn't destroy my film, haha. I can't wait to show you guys the results from that!




I hope you have a really awesome day.


1 comment: