shirt/vest: borrowed // suspenders: hot topic // jean: gift // shoes: target // jacket: forever 21 // scarf: asos
People have always told me that high school would be the best years of my life. Well I've finally come and gone through all of high school, and part of me thinks they were right, and part of me thinks they were wrong. I suppose it's like everything in life though, there were good things about it and bad things about it. Another thing that people have always told me is that college will be the best years of my life, and while right now I'm loving college, I still hope those people aren't right. Every day you gain a little more knowledge than the one before, so hypothetically you should be better prepared for each day that you come to. Now of course there are some things in life that we can't control, but for the most part, there's a lot that we can, including how we feel (all of this is to an extent of course, because if there's one thing I've learned, it's that there are always exceptions to everything).
So what did I learn today that can improve my life tomorrow?
1. When I actually sit down to do my homework, it takes a total of five minutes to do. All day I had been avoiding my homework, and after stressing about it for so long, I actually read the paper, typed up the half a page that I was supposed to, and was done in five minutes. Seriously, starting something is the hardest part.
2. It's hard to do something after you haven't been doing it for a long time. I've been working on my story for my photo assignment, and man, my writing is pretty rusty and it takes everything in me to even write one good, creative sentence. Even though writing is something I love, sometimes it does take a lot of work.
3. While usually sleepy Lauren makes bad wardrobe decisions, sometimes she makes awesome ones. My outfit was awesome today. And I was still half asleep when I put everything together. I didn't get any photos of it, but trust me, it was super cute.
4. My outfit making mind is ready for summer. After seeing this outfit on tumblr, I've just been thinking up so many cute summer outfits. I need to write them down.
5. I love my friends. Right now they're all sitting on Annette's bed watching stumbleupon videos and I just really love them so much. It's the small moments like these that I'm really thankful I finally have a good strong group of girl friends that love me and get me. Thank you, Lord.
Basically, I'm constantly learning that I should be thankful for every little thing I have.