Tuesday, August 26, 2014

eagle river // flute shoot

August 5, 2014


Since last summer (I think), Heather and I have wanted to get together to do a photoshoot. I've mentioned it in the past, but I really wanted to build up my portfolio with some musician photos, so when we began planning for this shoot, things all came together. She brought her flute and wardrobe, I brought some ideas, her mom acted as the assistant, and some magic was made! We went to an awesome little creek in Eagle River, a space that I now want to explore more since it's only about 45 minutes away.

One thing in particular I love about mobile photography and photo editing apps is the ability to quickly see how a photo looks when different adjustments are made. I will oftentimes photograph different parts of a shoot on my phone, and then look at it with different filters applied to it to see how I actually want to process the photo. So for this shoot, I really experimented with the colors, and I can't wait to share the results of it! It's something slightly different than how I usually work with photos, but I really love it. Sometimes you just have to mix things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment