Monday, August 18, 2014

camping // matanuska lake

May 24, 2014
follow: #hardcoreparkours




























First camping trip of the summer. It was one of the last few days with our foreign exchange student, Felecia, and it was a picturesque Alaskan summer. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember loving all the little places we found, such as the "boardwalk", the loon nest, and general shadowy areas that I wanted to spend hours in. All this week I will be putting my iphone photos of my summer adventures up on this little blog. It was the best summer of my life, and I'm so thankful for the little piece of technology in my pocket that allowed me to capture all the little details that made it so great.

And just for kicks, here's a link to my summer diary blog from 2011. That was the first year I took photos "professionally." You'll notice some horrible processing, and horrible hair from myself. But what I love about those photos is the memories. They are still some of my favorites because of just that. Who knows what my friends thought when I lugged my dslr everywhere and shoved it in their faces. Heck, I even took it when we went out to eat at restaurants. What was I thinking? But now I'll never forget that girls day with my mom and sister, or the delicious chicken fried steak I ate. All that to say, again, I'm thankful I now have a cell phone so that I don't have to take my real camera everywhere--and I can still capture those memories.

So expect many posts this week. This is my documentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment