Monday, August 13, 2012

I'll meet you there



day 226

Today was such a fun day! I got to meet up with up-and-coming model Matt to help him out with his modeling portfolio (which in turn helps me with mine), and it was a blast shooting with him! We got to go to three different locations and shoot a couple of concepts I've had in my head for a while. The train idea was one I thought wouldn't happen, because I wasn't quite sure where to find a train, but thankfully as I was driving to one location, I saw this one and knew we would have to go take photos there. The idea to have his friend Stephanie (who was also along for the ride) model as well was a totally last minute idea, but I'm so glad I got it because we were able to produce a fantastic image, if I do say so myself. So thank you Matt and Stephanie for modeling for me and for driving around and for climbing on the train even though it might have been illegal.



This photo was my original concept today, and I wanted to share it with you guys because I don't like it. It's not that it's a bad concept or a bad model (far from it), but I wanted to show you that not every photo comes out looking like I had planned it to. Things I don't like about the photo? The angle I shot it at: I think shooting slightly above or straight towards Matt would have been better. The sun: I wanted the image to look really dark, so the sun helped me none whatsoever. The contrast between darkness and light was impossible to fix in photoshop. I write these things to remind myself for when I revisit this concept, and to show that not every photo comes out exactly as planned (just look at nearly every other photo in my 365 project, hah!). You just have to keep working and practicing and don't be too hard on yourself when something doesn't work out like you planned.


I have a lot of other fun images from today, so I'm off to edit more photos! In the upcoming days I'll show you some of my favorites, but until then, have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment